Friday, July 20, 2007

Unemployed

I must say that being unemployed during the summer is amazing. I guess it's because I have worked over the past three summers while I've watched my friends have a nice relaxing summer that has given me so much pleasure in essentially "taking it easy". I go to the park, I have lunch with friends, I take vacations when I want to. It's interesting that I spend much less now that I have no job than I ever thought of when I did (not that I have any now that I'm unemployed). Although I begin a new job soon, I feel as though this time has been a catharsis of the past three years. It hasn't only been the job however that I've needed a break from - although it negatively permeated ever aspect of my life - New York City can be very trying to one's spiritual and emotional well being. Taking a few weeks off from work, and from the city was exactly what I have needed this summer. I think that after August I will be rejuvenated and ready to cope in the city that I both love to hate and hate to love. I feel that his sounded like a column by Carrie Bradshaw from "Sex in the City", just a thought.

1 comment:

Griffin said...

Did you get that job? If so, I'm glad that I read about it in your blog rather than you calling and sharing the good news.

You're next column should talk about your last date with "Mystery Man" and the carriage ride that you shared through central park...that and couture.